Sunday, October 30, 2011

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

I just wanted to stop in and say the reason I've been absent from my own blog for so long is because I've been furiously working on my first novel, and I'm half way there. (I have selected a cover photo)...kidding!

Over the last 8 years or so I have received so much support from the blogosphere, which has strengthened me and made me believe I could actually do this thing I never ever previously believed that I could. Some of you have remained anonymous, and some have become real life friends.

So hang in there and be patient with me, I would love to share this collection of words with you all, and to let you know how much every comment has buoyed me and given me the belief to unleash a framed narrative that's a lot like Chaucer's 'The Canterbury Tales', only if it was written by Douglas Coupland and the screenwriter for Bruce Willis' 'Die hard Trilogy'.

I have purposefully avoided all of the rules of novel writing- it has no clear prologue, middle, beginning, end, denouement, epilogue or anything else stucturally related, and my use of semicolons is wanton and disrespectful to the Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation.

It will take you some places that exist here in the real world that you wouldn't otherwise get to see, and believe it or not, there is absolutely no sex.

But you still might like it, so check back every couple of months, because I'm doing this for you.

I will link to it from here- it will get a blog of it's own, and it will be free for all.



This is knifey, from 'the internet'.

2 comments:

Ghismonda said...

Ready when you are...

Anonymous said...

Can't wait!